Friday, May 5, 2017

Phú Quốc Island

My last week in Vietnam happened to fall during the holiday of Reunification Day, Victory Day or Liberation Day, which is the celebration of the end of the Vietnam War (as we know it in America). You might remember us celebrating it last year. So we had several days off for vacation.

Also because of the way our pay periods work here, I would not have been paid for my last five days of work, so I took the days off and had an extra long vacation. We decided to spend my last week in Vietnam on Phú Quốc Island.


Phú Quốc is a small island to the West of Vietnam (and actually closer to Cambodia). More than half of the island is a national park with mountains, dense forests, and animals. The island is surrounded with white sand beaches and clear water. It's most popular as a tourist destination and is filled with resorts, restaurants, bars, spas, and more.

It was a very nice, relaxing week with four of my roommates. Not much to say, so I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.



Puppies at our hotel. Dogs in Phu Quoc are very respected and loved, which is extremely different from Ho Chi Minh City.


Our first hotel (we stayed at two places)












At the northern point. The land in the distance is Cambodia.




Our second hotel.




(He's playing dead for protection. He's fine)












No comments:

Post a Comment